Looking for a healthy snack? Look no further than these 5-ingredient, no-bake peanut butter energy bites!
These delicious bites provide you with a burst of energy any time you need it, and they’re full of healthy nutrients. Let’s take a look at their most beneficial ingredients:
• Old Fashioned Oats — A great source of iron, calcium, and soluble fiber to keep your digestion on track.
• Peanut Butter — An excellent source of protein and potassium, vitamin E and magnesium. It’s also got a lot of healthy fats.
• Ground Flaxseed — An essential source of omega-3 fatty acids to support heart health. Plus, flaxseed is full of immune-supportive antioxidants.
• Raw, Organic Honey — Great at regulating blood sugar and increasing athletic performance.
You know these energy bites will be great for you. So here’s how to make your own energy bites at home!
You’ll need the ingredients listed above (plus dark chocolate chips!) in these quantities:
- 2 Tbsp. raw, organic honey
- 2/3 cup organic peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
Ready to get started? Here we go!
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all five ingredients, mixing well with a spatula to evenly distribute everything.
2. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes so that everything is easier to roll into balls.
3. After chilling, roll the mixture into small spheres of about a 1.5-inch diameter.
4. Put the balls in a small container and store in the fridge. They should last for up to a week!
Ditch the Candy Bars — Try These Instead!
One of the great things about these energy bites is that they’re delicious, but they’re also extremely healthy. So the next time you’re craving a candy bar, consider reaching for an energy bite instead of these common snacks that are actually harmful to your health.
You’ll be quenching your craving and doing your body a favor.
Share this recipe with your family and friends — and here’s to healthier eating!