Managing our weight is rarely easy. Breakfast, lunch and dinner seem to mock us all day long. We resist the donut handed to us by a co-worker. We choke down that meager salad during our lunch break. We push the cauliflower around on our plates at suppertime.
But if we feel we’re depriving ourselves, we only become more susceptible to emotional eating.
Let’s take a look at some of the top foods you can indulge in without worrying about the weight gain.
Not only do almonds contain fewer calories than most other nuts, they also offer a “full” sensation, prompting you to eat less and not as often. Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, Vitamin E, and mono- and polyunsaturated fats, which supports healthy cholesterol levels.
These fruits contain pectin, which slows digestion and helps you feel full quicker and longer. Apples are considered natural appetite suppressants.
Whether chicken or vegetable, broth will fill you up and satiate your hunger. Its soothing temperature will also offer your insides a comforting warmth.
From lettuce, celery and spinach to cabbage, cucumbers and bok choy, the leafy greens will satisfy your palate for longer. They have very few calories and are quite tasty when seasoned to perfection.
Natural pickles, without artificial colors, flavorings or added sugars, are great if you want to eat as much as you want without gaining weight. They’re low calorie and great for munching.
These fruits contain a high amount of resistant starch, which is a great help in any weight loss or weight management program. Because your body digests this starch slowly, bananas help you feel full longer. Resistant starch also prompts your liver to switch on its fat-burning process (and speaking of fat burning, this honey and lemon water mix might be worth your try!)
A Recipe You Can Feel Good About
Bananas are one of the most versatile of foods. From banana bread to banana smoothies, they pack a serious punch when it comes to satisfying appetites. They’re also great in cookies!
Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 10-12 cookies
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (usually 2 medium)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup melted but room temperature coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of your choice (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Whisk together cinnamon, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda in your large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, thoroughly combine mashed banana, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just blended. Add nuts, seeds and/or dark chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Place approximately 1/4 dough on baking sheet 2 inches apart from each other. Gently flatten with your palm. Bake 14-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Your Health and Wellness Source
Eating healthy never tasted so good. To eat well without gaining weight, you don’t have to deprive yourself – just focus on the right foods. Also, do not forget to check out these 20 tips for weight loss and learn how to lose weight without losing all your money!