Coming from some of our favorite healthy living bloggers, these 5 best immunity healthy drinks will provide your immune system with a solid dose of vitamins and minerals to keep its energy up and to go. Get ready to drink your way to better health!
With the cold and flu season just around the corner, you may want to take action now to keep well when the cold months hit. This is exactly why we’ve done an epic scouring of the interwebs to find the most awesome immunity-boosting drinks out there!
1. Best Smoothie: Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie by Kelly Roenicke
Fixing yourself a smoothie is one of the fastest ways to get a good bunch of healthy ingredients into a single meal; full of vitamin C, antioxidants, and bioflavonoids, this fresh smoothie makes an excellent immunity kick! Vitamin C is one of those important vitamins we need to replenish constantly – and did you know that one kiwi has over 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C? That’s right; besides, this berry-rich smoothie is delicious!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- hit the link below for other ingredients
Thaw the berries, then add the ingredients and blend until smooth.
See the full recipe, details, and nutrition info at The Pretty Bee
Best Immunity Drinks with Lemon: Honey & Ginger Warm Lemon Water by Emily Kyle
An easy-to-make, mood-lifting drink from a plant-loving, whole-foods dietitian. This delicious and naturally soothing drink will give your immune system a gentle but confident boost! Lemon for loads of vitamin C, ginger for sweating the toxins right out, and honey for natural sweetness and flavor…
- 1 organic lemon sliced
- 1 ” piece of fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of raw or local honey
- 8 ounces of boiling water
- Firstly, add lemons and ginger to the bottom of your favorite cup.
- Afterward, pour boiling water into the cup.
- Lastly, stir in honey as desired. Enjoy!
See the full recipe, details, and nutrition info at Emily Kyle Nutrition
Best with Probiotic: Orange Carrot Coconut Smoothie by Lindsay Cotter
Your digestive tract has an important relationship with your immune system, so by supporting one, you support the other. Naturally sweetened and creamy, Lindsay’s bright orange smoothie contains all the goodies at once: carrots and oranges (read: loads of vitamins), yogurt, or kefir (read: good gut bacteria). Do we need to say more?..
- 4 to 6oz coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 c coconut kefir or coconut-flavored yogurt
- 6 oz fresh orange juice
- 4 oz 100% carrot juice
- *Optional – 2/3 cup frozen pineapple for extra thickness
- Place ingredients in a blender. Lastly, blend and serve!
See the full recipe, details, and nutrition info at Cotter Crunch
Best Immunity Drinks with Herbs: Super Herbal Infusion Tea by Jennifer Prentice
Did you know that tea – the right kind – can be full of nutrients easily absorbed and used by the body? Jennifer, a mom of four in pursuit of health and wellness, testifies: drinking daily super herbal infusions can be a great way to supplement vitamins and minerals in your family’s diet.
- 1 oz dried herbs (by weight) or approximately 1 cup of herbs such as nettle, red raspberry, red clover, oat straw, linden flowers, or a mixture.
- 1-2 tbsp (or more, to taste) of dried peppermint or spearmint (optional)
- Boiling water to cover herbs and fill the jar
- Add dried herbs to a clean, wide-mouth glass quart jar and cover with boiling water. afterwards, screw on the lid and let the tea steep for 4-10 hours or overnight on the counter.
- Strain the herbs and squeeze out any remaining liquid. Then, serve either hot or cold, and refrigerate any remaining liquid. Reheating is fine. The infusion is best consumed within 2 days.
See the full recipe, details, and nutrition info at My Healthy Homemade Life.
Best with Magic Ingredient: Sea Buckthorn Tea by Elena Szeliga
Here’s the deal with sea buckthorn: it’s a little-known (and therefore hard-to-find) super berry. With 14 essential vitamins, omegas, antioxidants, and anti-inflammation properties, sea buckthorn’s nutritional profile are so impressive that it’s been considered a cure-all in Russia and Eastern Europe for many centuries! Elena’s blog features a lot of immune and metabolism-boosting drinks, and this sea buckthorn tea is our favorite; it will keep you warm, cozy, and more resistant to nasty seasonal colds.
- 100 grams or 3.5 oz sea buckthorn
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 500 ml or 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Wash the sea buckthorn berries and discard any broken ones.
- Transfer to a tea can and muddle the berries with a pestle until the juice is released. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Pour boiling water into the tea can and let rest for 5 minutes. Strain and serve with a teaspoon of honey per cup. Enjoy!
See the full recipe, details, and nutrition info at Happy Kitchen.
Building a better immune system is one of the most important steps towards a healthy and active life; we hope these recipes inspire you to drink immunity. Enjoy these delicious and good-for-you smoothies and teas, and remain healthy and energetic throughout the cold months!
What’s your favorite way to stay safe during the cold and flu seasons?
Rick Kaselj MS, is a leading kinesiologist and injury specialist as well as co-creator of the best-selling Unlock Your Hip Flexors program. Rick creates exercise programs that help people heal injuries and eliminate pain, so they can go back to living a full, active, healthy life.